Academic Staff Bargaining
Offers of Settlement
- Colleges' Offer of Settlement - August 21, 2012
- Academic Union Offer of Settlement - August 22, 2012
Possible Faculty Strike As Early As September 15
The union has not removed proposals that would add almost $200 million in costs to the colleges.
As a result of the union’s lack of movement, the colleges have requested that the conciliator advise the Minister of Labour that conciliation has failed. This failure to date means that a strike could start as early as September 15, 2012.
The union has to focus on the real issues at the table, the economic realities facing the colleges, the need to remove unaffordable demands, and reach a sustainable settlement.
- College Proposal on Nursing Clinical Facilitators - July 11, 2012
- Union’s Initial Proposals – June 5, 2012
- Colleges’ Non-Monetary Proposals as of June 21, 2012
Previous Issues of Contract Update
- Contract Update - August 21, 2012
- Contract Update - July 20, 2012
- Contract Update - July 17, 2012
- Contract Update - June 28, 2012
- Contract Update - June 13, 2012
- Contract Update - April 24th, 2012